Thursday, March 10, 2016

RENEWING your 'Register to vote'!



Last week I decided that I would check with my last registered council in the UK to ensure that I was able to vote in the upcoming UK referendum on Europe.  I managed to speak with someone and was told that I was not registered to vote.  I explained that I registered over a year ago and voted in the last UK election.



However, the person in the council also explained that the registration for overseas voters needs to be renewed each year.   Your registration is only valid for one calendar year from the date of registration itself. 

I wasn't aware of this and I am glad I checked.  

If you made your last registration to vote more than a year ago then you will need to renew it.

Here is the link to register to vote: 
https://www.gov.uk/register-to-vote

No comments:

Post a Comment