Saturday, September 22, 2018

BREXIT It's not just Deal or NO deal

The urgency of the moment is certainly Brexit and we will see whether a deal can be reached with the EU this autumn.  





Welcome back to my blog and I am pleased to be writing to you again after a few months. It's always a pleasure to get back on the blog again after the summer break and I have various pieces of news to update you on.  

However, the urgency of the moment is certainly Brexit and we will see whether a deal can be reached with the EU this autumn.  


If you read the newspapers, Facebook feeds, listen to what Theresa May has to say (for what it is worth) or any source of news they would have you believe that there are really only 2 outcomes from these negotiations: The Chequers Deal or No deal. This is just not the case and Rathbones Investment Managers have written, what I think, is an excellent piece on the possible outcomes. Their research suggests that there could be 5 differing outcomes.  

In addition, for anyone concerned about the impact of the GBP:EUR exchange rate on their income and/or assets, they have also estimated what could happen to the currency in any scenario. Of course, like the negotiations themselves this is all guesswork but the document is a great food for thought piece and about the best analysis I have seen regarding the potential outcomes of Brexit.


I am leaving this blog dedicated to their hard work whilst I continue work on my other content, so HERE  is the link to the article online. Take the time to read it!! Enjoy


I will be back with you in a week or two with other information. 


Gareth


No comments:

Post a Comment