Friday, October 26, 2018

PEOPLES' VOTE MARCH - LONDON 20TH OCTOBER 2018


I participated in the Peoples' Vote march in London on Saturday 20th October with other members of the British in Italy group. 

I don't have many words to describe the sense of 'oneness' that you feel when you are marching for the same cause with 700,000 like-minded people. It was such a powerful experience. I understand it to be the second largest demonstration in the UK (the first being the opposition to the Iraq war.)

 
I think the whole day was best summarised by an Independent newspaper journalist who wrote: 

"When this many people come out on the streets to demonstrate its hard to believe that they are on the wrong side of history."


Whether this makes any difference in the end remains to be seen.


I leave you with a photo of my banner of dancing Theresa May, which was well received and photographed by many many people. She is seen here in Trafalgar Square where I left her with other banners. A seemingly fitting place to leave our message to the UK government.







No comments:

Post a Comment